Monday, January 2, 2023

Status Update - Happy New Year!

This is sort of a clearing house posting of things I'm doing.

Dungeon23

I've started a Dungeon23 project.  If you have not heard about it, it is a writing project where you design and writeup a dungeon room a day for all of 2023, ending the year with a mega-dungeon.  There are ways to organize the material, but no hard and fast rules.  The most common is to make each month a different dungeon level (or dungeon).  Weeks can either be a cluster of 7 rooms on that level or follow a weekly theme.  

For the first week, I'm doing a theme of Entrances.  Each day I'm designing a room that is an entrance to the dungeon.  I'm not assigning a particular dungeon level to them at this time, just designing the room.  It is important for a good dungeon to have several access points, both on the starting level and to access deeper levels in ways other than starting at the top and walking down.

I'll post more about this project as time goes on.  Right now it is day 2 and I have two entries written.


Ratpack on the Shattered Star Adventure Path

Session 10 for Book 3 will post tomorrow morning (January 3).  I am committing to posting at least one write-up per week.  We will be playing Session 19 this evening, so I have plenty of material, but I'd like to catch up so I'm only a couple sessions behind in the write-ups.  That said, see the next entry.


The June Project

In June, one of the players in my Monday group will have their first child, which is awesome!  The Other GM is the dad, so the two of them will be super busy with the birth in June and the newborn's lack of sleeping habits in July and August (at the least).

To free up time for them, our group will switch campaigns and I will resume running a game.  At this point it looks like it will be a Shadowrun game using the 5th edition of the rules (the current rules are 6th edition).  All the players have the 5th edition rules and I don't see a need to switch editions here.  The interesting thing for this campaign will be Seattle deciding that Knight Errant is not up to the task of handling crime in the city any more and Lone Star is no better, so they put out a Request to Bid to the other megacorporations for a law enforcement solution.

Aztechnology wins the bid.


That's it for right now.  A major thunderstorm is rolling through, so I need to save and post this while I can.  Look for Session 10 posting tomorrow and more to follow.

Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment