Saturday, October 3, 2026

Four Summoners - Thoughts on the Missing 3rd Session

Here's the thing - I kind of remember at least one more session of this campaign despite having no notes to back that memory up.  I remember a new player joining the group with his character, Mr. Goralac, a demon with two forms - Alec Baldwin (with some powers) and a Balrog.  Mr. Goralac appears in the fiction I wrote after the campaign ended and I would not have done that if the player in question had not created the character.  I cannot ask that player what he remembers as he passed away 10+ years ago from aggressive skin cancer.  [He was the youngest member of the group, only in his mid-30s when the rest of us were already in our 40s.]

It is possible that the missing third session became the bank robbery in the fiction I wrote.  I honestly no longer remember.  I've talked with one of the other members of that group and he vaguely recalls Mr. Goralac and him looking like Alec Baldwin and the use of the line "I went disguised as that guy in Lord of the Rings" and my character responding "I didn't know Alec Baldwin was in Lord of the Rings."  [Appears in the fiction, which won't get posted for a while.]  So that may answer the mystery.

Instead of posting the Four Summoners fiction next, I have the Obsidian Portal posts on The Bold and The Determined queued up for the next three weeks of posts at 3 posts per week.  I did this as I had time and it did not require me to port the notes into Word first and then onto Blogger.  Plus I could work on it on my Day Job laptop when I had down time.  I will go back and post the fiction later, but that's all on my personal Laptop, which is a bit of a pain to access during the work day, downtime or not.

Finally, you might have noticed that the Four Summoners campaign is now listed on the landing page ahead of The Bold and The Determined campaign.  I noticed while I was porting over the content that The Bold and The Determined timeline included a reference to the Cape-Kraken War happening before the campaign started.  That was a direct reference to a plan our villains in Four Summoner were formulating but never got a chance to initiate.  To assist in Summoners' take over of Capitol City (and avoid having to do all the heavy lifting themselves), Summoner was going to foment a grudge and war between Kraken and the superheroes (the capes) operating in Maryland and surrounding states.  For it to appear in the pre-campaign history document means that it was formulated before the new campaign, placing Four Summoners as the earlier campaign.  To represent that, I re-organized the landing page so things are listed in chronological order.

If anyone is interested in learning why the Four Summoners campaign was called that, drop a message in the comments and I'll share.

No comments:

Post a Comment