Thursday, August 3, 2023

Status Now, Writeups to Follow

I spent all my available writing time the last two weeks to get ready for running my new campaign (The Sudden Sea Campaign) for the Monday Group.  This consisted of getting all the character creation guidelines written plus a listing of languages spoken in-game plus a listing of the martial arts available.

We did Session 0 this past Monday, which was wrapping up character creation (most people had their characters mostly done but had campaign or rules questions they needed answered so they could finish.  We spent a minimal time stringing together reasons for the PCs to know each other.  5 of the 6 players were able to complete their characters and send me copies.  The sixth player has been swamped at work (in fact he could not attend that night because of work) and is also one of the new parents in the group.  He should have a support character ready by the first game session, work and life allowing.

We played sessions 4 and 5 of Hell Comes a'Glittering the last two weeks and wrapped up the adventure.  I have a better grasp of D&D 5E now and some ideas on how I would have built my Sorcerer slightly differently.  It was a good experiment and did the job necessary to bridge us from the conclusion of the Shattered Star, Book 3 adventure to the beginning of my "new" campaign.  Clone GM One did a good job.

My goal is to have session 4 of Hell Comes a'Glittering posted by Friday as I'm running my monthly Adventures in the Green game on Saturday and doing house chores (and maybe a movie) Sunday.  Session 5 (the conclusion) will post next week.  Session 1 of the Sudden Sea Campaign will get written up and posted the week after that, allowing a week between when a session happens and when it gets posted.  We'll see how it actually goes.

Later!




CORRECTION: Hell Comes a'Glittering made it to FIVE sessions.  I adjusted the text above to count for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment