Monday, March 26, 2018

Status Update - Know anyone hiring an experienced tech writer?

So last Monday (the 19th) the company I worked for did a re-organization and a Reduction in Force and I was part of the force that was reduced.  They laid off about 5% of the company workforce from top to bottom.  I'm glad I'd written parts 3 and 4 of Butcher's Bill already and had them set to auto-post or they'd never gone live last week.

So I'm looking for a new job again.  If you know of anyone in the Houston, Texas area hiring tech writers, please let me know as I'd like to be employed again, soonest.  I've worked in the Oil and Gas industry and the Software industry for a SaaS (security as a service) company, so I'm familiar with the lingo in both areas and have a great deal of experience as a tech writer, both working solo and as part of a team.  Any help would be appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll continue posting my session notes and have Session 1 of Code Name: Parrot T-Rex done and set to auto-post on Thursday.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment