Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Chapter 5 Posts Tomorrow after the Wife Reading

Part of my editing process (for this short story at least) is that I read each chapter out loud to my wife.  This helps me find awkward phrases, missing words, or other common editorial issues found in the draft of any text.

Chapter Five of Epikydes Underground is written - I just haven't had a chance to read it to my wife yet.  Seeing as she's the reason I chose to post this story rather than keep it as a personal writing project, I feel she should be the first to hear all of it, not just most of it.

I'll read it to her tonight, enter the edits and her comments, and then upload it to Blogger.  It will be scheduled to appear tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM Central like the majority of my posts.

Chapter Five will be the final part of Epikydes Underground.  I'm working on the outline for the next story.  I don't know if it will be a short story of something longer yet, but I suspect it will be longer, probably a novelette.

I'd love to hear what folks think so far.  What's your favorite part?  What would you have changed to make better?  Specific is best.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment