Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chapter 7: War Comes to Speedwell - Draft Complete!

Hoody-hoo!  Chapter 7 done!

I wrapped up Chapter 7 over the weekend in two ways: I finished writing the material in my draft for Chapter 7 AND realized that there was a better chapter break two scenes earlier than where I put it.  What does that mean?  It means that there was a better place to end the chapter from a story flow perspective, so I moved the chapter break forward.  The transferred scenes are more expository (for scenes near the end of the book) and fit better as the start of Chapter 8.

I still need to map out Chapter 8 better and flesh out my (somewhat sketchy) notes for the chapter.  Things still need to happen to wrap up events in the book, but some other stuff needs to also happen to set up things for Book 2.  So I might not get much added to the word count of the story this week, but I will be doing noticeable adding to my outline.

Word Count: 57,239 words

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment