Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Day of Sevens

The Day of Sevens has been selected:  Saturday (7th day of the week), July (7th month) 16 (1+6=7), The Day of Sevens will happen!

7 Movies, 7 Scripts, 7 Genres, 1 Plot: The Seven Samurai

The Original, The Western, The Space Opera, The Animated Movie, The B-Movie, The Summer Blockbuster, The Viking Movie

All showing at my place - be there!


This will be the second in a series of movie fests held at my home this year.  The first was Go Go Godzilla Day, held February 26th (see the write-up here).  I plan on doing these about once every six months, as long as I can put together a good theme and gather all the movies on DVD.  This is one I've been mulling over for a few years (I originally wanted to do this on July 7, 2007 or 07/07/07, but it was a weekday) and finally worked out a numerically good date and a roster of seven movies that meet the criteria.

This event is open to friends, and folks who RSVP by July 9.  I don't have the schedule set yet, but we will start with Seven Samurai and then make our way through the genres, probably in order of release, but that is not set in stone.  We will also do a pizza dinner from an awesome pizza place nearby, so bring $10 in cash to throw in.  We did this for Go Go Godzilla Day and no one left hungry.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment