Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Adventures in the Green Published!

My OD&D clone set of rules, Adventures in the Green, is now published and available on DriveThruRPG.com!

Think "OD&D, but readable" and you will understand what Adventures in the Green offers.  The rules were reorganized to consolidate rules bits from across the original booklets where clauses and complete rules were hidden away in magic item descriptions or magazine interviews published separately.  I also rewrote the rules to make them clear and concise.

Book I: Characters is 68 pages and provides the rules for creating characters to play, equipping them, and some basics of adventuring.  This is the link to the Book I product page.

Book II: Conflicts is 68 pages and provides the rules for combat, including naval and aerial, plus the writeups for all the monsters.  This is the link to the Book II product page.

Book III: Campaigns is 66 pages and provides the rules for Referees to run campaigns plus the random treasure tables and descriptions of magic items.  This is the link to the Book III product page.

Each booklet is sold separately at $10 each, which I feel is a fair price for 66-68 page booklets with five years of development behind them.  I've been running a test campaign parallel to the rules development, which has helped spot rules gaps (like how much light a torch provides) and eliminate typos.  

[As a tech writer, I know by saying those words that someone will now find an obvious typo, but that is the nature of writing.  Send me an email or comment here and I'll fix it and update the published PDFs.]

That's it for right now.  I should have the next session of the Sudden Sea campaign up later this week.  We've reached a stopping point, right after the players trigger a revolt and are switching back to Book 4 of the Shattered Star AP.  Keep reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment