Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Post Delayed this week

 A very active thunderstorm blew through yesterday afternoon, just as I was getting ready to start typing up my notes for the next session of the Shattered Star campaign.  The storm knocked down some trees in the back half of the neighborhood, taking out electrical power to several neighborhoods.

All told, the power was out for about 4 hours before the downed trees were moved and the power lines restored.  My wife and I needed to relocate to someplace with power and functional A/C.  This required I put gas in my car and get the tires inflated back up to their required pressure.

That was due to the front that came through last week and triggered a service light on my dashboard.  I was waiting for a non-rainy day to get it taken care of so the service guys did not get rained on, but it's rainy season in Houston and the last week and a half has alternated between pouring rain or beautiful weather, changing daily if not within the same day.  [Today is is beautiful weather with puffy white clouds and temperatures in the mid-to-upper 80s (degF).]

Once my car was safe to drive and had fuel, it was dinner time.  We got a bite to eat and watched the online status of the power repairs.  Our neighbors called us around 6:30 when their power came back on and let us know.  We headed home but were exhausted by then.

Also, yesterday was our normal game day and we had to scrub that due to no power [we host the game].

Today has been catch up plus some Dayjob-related stuff catching up, meaning I haven't sat down to type up my notes yet.  I should have time tomorrow in the afternoon.

I'm might only post one session this week.  I need to re-write the adventure I'm running for my Adventures in the Green playtest monthly game.  We started it in this month's session, but it quickly became apparent that what read fine had issues when actually played.  Some of the information is poorly presented, meaning I need to read through a paragraph to find it every time I need it.  Some of it is just written poorly [a basilisk encounter where the only treasure is gear on petrified adventurers who are inclined to keep their stuff when de-petrified is the big example].

I only have two and a half weeks with several items on my social calendar intervening, so it will be tight to get a basic re-write to make info findable and maybe improve the encounters.  I want to make the next session more energetic as the last one dragged a bit due to me taking time to find info [or make it up, like the height of some cliffs that was given in time to climb without specifying if the time was climbing up or down and my PCs have a flying carpet].

That's it for now.  Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment