Friday, July 22, 2011

A/C Update and a Change in Plans

As you may know, the A/C was out at my home for the last week and a half.  My wife and I were able to put together the funds necessary to get the condenser unit (the box unit that sits outside the house) replaced thatnks to the very kind contributions of friends and family.

Yesterday the actual repair took place and by 9:00 PM, the house had cooled off and the humidity dropped such that we no longer broke into a sweat just standing in the living room.

I'd like to than everyone who helped including Trey, who wanted to help but we couldn't work out a way to get it done.  Thank you.  Thank you all very much.

Now that I'm no longer scrambling to get the work done on my home nor working out ways to beat the heat, I'll be spending most of this weekend writing on my Hero Traveller campaign.  I will be running it from August through October as I promised the players I'd run it at least three months.  After that, I've decided that I will not be running any new campaigns for a while - I'm going to concentrate on my writing for publication plus a short novel I'm about a third through despite working on it off and on for three years.  One of my resolutions this year was to finish it, even if it never sees the light of day.

For 2012, I'll be converting adventure notes into product for Monohedron Games, a game company I started several years ago and never did much with.  Time to change that.  One of the first things I will be completing is a boardgame based on the old Greyhawk Wars! game from TSR.  I've already taken the rules and re-written them to be comprehensible and clear (the originals are pretty awful to read).  I will probably post them via Mediafire (but might not seeing the issues suffered by Trey) and put a link up here.  Next step there is a new map and updating the cards.  Don't know what I'll do about artwork at the moment, but public domain may be my friend here.

After that, I'll be converting adventures and adventure locales to inexpensive PDF products and possibly .mobi files for the Kindle (that's something I'd really like to experiment with).  I'll post more updates on this stuff in November, which is when I plan on switching gears.

Thank you for your time and interest and my apologies for those whom this was mostly spam.

Patrick

3 comments:

  1. Just aquired Greyhawk Wars. I have done a preliminary reading of the rules, but I'm interested to know in what way you feel they are deficient? Keep in mind my war gaming begins and ends with Axis and Allies so this stuff is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rules are poorly organized, with important bits tucked into the descriptions of other things. Plus, the detailed descriptions of actions are nestled in the middle of the turn outline and the combat section is nestled inside the actions section. I'll post my version on Mediafire this week (at the DayJob right now and the Tuesday night Pathfinder game is tonight as the DM has to work tomorrow). If you'd like me to e-mail you a copy, drop me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chaz: See the most recent post and the new Downloads section on the sidebar for my ruleset. I'd love to get some feedback on it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete