Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dyson’s Delve – Session 2, Part 1

This session happened Wednesday, November 17, 2010.  This is a new campaign being run by a first time DM.  He is using the Dyson’s Delve dungeon pages on A Character for Every Game.  We are using the Pathfinder RPG, so some adjustments were made (or so I’ve been told).  This is Part 1 of this session, Part 2 will follow, once I have less friends and family around.
Adventuring Group:
Harkaitz of the Red Soul, Cleric of Ra (male human cleric, Fire and Sun domains))
Wednesday (female elf rogue)
Sahar (human fighter)
“Electric” Frankie Hu (male dwarf monk)

SPOILER ALERT - If You Might Play Through Dyson's Delve, Stop Reading.

Having warned the sheriff of Aldelle of the goblins massing in Dyson's Delve (and spending a day healing), the trio of adventurers prepared to return to the nearby dungeon.  As they were leaving the village, they were joined by a human woman named Sahar, who appeared to be handy with a sword and armor.  Now knowing exactly where the dungeon is located, it only took a half day of marching to arrive at the cave entrance.

Wanting to verify the areas that Harkaitz, Wednesday, and Frankie had cleared were still clear, the group carefully but quickly retraced their path of exploration.  They found a new batch of fire beetles in the twisty passage.  There was some short discussion about fighting or passing the beetles by, but Harkaitz ended that discussion with a swift swing of his Morningstar, squashing one of the beetles flat (and getting some of the glow juices on his boots).  After a short scuffle, the rest of the beetles were eliminated.

The group then moved through the goblin guard post, noting that the bodies of the two goblins slain there were gone.  They heard the low sound of goblin-speak from down the hall and cautiously made their way to the goblin barracks.  There they found two live goblins fixing up the place and discussing what killed the previous occupants.  The goblins cut off their conversation, having noticed the adventurers and charged Wednesday, who had been scouting the way.  Wednesday was forced to fall back to the goblin guard room where the adventurers formed a line and fought and killed the goblins.

After that, the adventurers verified the goblin champion's room was still empty and retraced their steps.  They decided to finish investigating the area on Old Man Tim's map before taking any of the stairs up or down.  Going right from the door from the fire beetles, they found the remaining section of the map blocked off.  The two doors leading to this area were boarded shut and had a goblin-shaped skull painted on them.  According to Old Man Tim's map, the two doors linked up through the boarded off area, so the adventurers selected the farther door and pried the boards off.

The areas beyond were burial chambers of various sorts.  The first area contained a sarcophagus and wall paintings.  The paintings showed the life of the person in the sarcophagus, a priest of some sort.  Harkaitz strongly advocated leaving this sarcophagus alone.  Wednesday knocked on it but, receiving no response, agreed and the group pressed on.  A door to the south opened on a crypt full of animated skeletons!  Harkaitz called upon the holy power of Ra and channeled a burst of positive energy, blasting all of the skeletons to dust.  Harkaitz performed a short blessing to purify the crypt and the door was closed.

The next chamber housed a gold-plated sarcophagus.  When Wednesday knocked on it, something inside started making noise.  The sarcophagus was opened and a zombie tried to get out.  Harkaitz once again called upon the power of Ra, but the zombie was of sterner stuff than the skeletons and was not completely blasted by the holy light.  Sahar started slamming the lid on the zombie and Frankie unleashed a flurry of blows that finally destroyed it.

*End Part 1*

No comments:

Post a Comment