Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tweaks to the Banner

I uploaded a revised banner graphic, which shows some of the new roads the player characters have blazed.  They show up pretty well on the actual print-outs, but are a bit lost in the Edgewood Forest.  Plus, the upside down text marking Jericho's grave does not work as well electronically as physically.

This means I'm going to have to create a different version for the banner, separate from the actual Table Map.  I also want to reduce the height while increasing the width.  The trick part is: how wide?  Needs to be wide enough to look good without being too wide for some viewers to see.  Plus, I don't want a ton of dead space in the form of the sea.  I may make Drop-off Tower the mid-point and go from there.

Feedback would be welcome.  Thanks!

P.S. - I'll write up the next Southern Reaches adventure log during lunch Monday (tomorrow) and post it in the evening.  I'll get adventure log after that (from last Friday) written and posted this week, as well as the next part of the Traveller Hero design discussion.

EDIT: Next SR adventure log has been uploaded.  It will post tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7:00 AM.

2 comments:

  1. I’ll be honest, most of the time I read your blog (and pretty much all other blogs) via google reader, so I don’t even remember what your header looked like before. It looks fine now though.

    ReplyDelete