Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Speedwell War - Draft 2 - Complete!

This announcement is a couple weeks late due to an incredibly busy schedule that just now slowed down.  Draft 2 was complete December 19, 2012, with a final word count of 73,190 words.

My next step is to print out copies for a few folks to read and comment on.  After that, I need to give serious thought as to how I'm going to get this published.  I want it published in book form, but I'll probably also go with an electronic form for Kindle, as I have one.  I don't have strong feelings about the Nook or iBooks at the moment, so we'll see on those.

First step is to get it read by folks who are not part of my brain trust.  I'd like to send these out as hardcopy prints, which will take a bit of time and discretion.  I don't have a good printer at home, so I'll have to use other means.  I have some options, but need to look into them before settling on one.  Plus, one of them depends upon what my next paycheck looks like and when it shows.  The DayJob switched ownership and that transition is happening now, so there is a small bit of uncertainty on the timing of things.  More on that in later posts.

I'm starting my yearly Board Game Review based on games I played at the Lone Star Game Fest. That will appear in a couple days, probably in multiple parts to avoid the giant wall of text it would otherwise be.

That's it for now.  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment