Monday, March 26, 2012

Chapter 5: Cincinnatus - Update 3

The visit by my in-laws is mostly over and I should be able to get back to a normal writing schedule again.  I like seeing my in-laws as they are great people, but being social cuts into writing time and I've cut out most television, books, and just about everything else to focus on writing.  House chores, grocery shopping, and helping fix dinner (or fixing it when it is my turn) are things that can't be cut, nor are visits from my in-laws.

But, man, do I want to get back to my writing.

Word count is now 28,542 words.

This is 4341 words over last week, so pretty good all things considered.  It represents mostly one full afternoon of writing while my wife and her mom hit the stores and my FIL read, napped, and walked.

I'm at a point where I'd like to take a sabbatical from work for a couple of weeks or three and do my flat out best to finish, but I'm saving my vacation days for an anniversary trip late in the year.  Plus, work would freak if I just said "Hey, I want to take a month off."  I know this, because they are still freaking from when a coworker did just that last year.

That's it for now.  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment