Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Artwork in the Banner

[UPDATE:  It's now June 2019.  I've changed the art in the banner several times since I wrote this, so it is no longer accurate.  In fact, I'm not really certain which piece of artwork the post refers to anymore.  I'm leaving the post up for archival reasons.]

The artwork in the banner is Pruuma the She-Bear, by Kalman Andrasofszky. This is a cropped version so it would fit. All rights belong to...who ever owns it at the moment (either WotC, Paizo, or Kalman).

I ran across this piece in a Google image search, looking for something to put in the banner. It works for one of the PCs in my game (yes, one of the players put together a bugbear defender). As the work appeared in "Vault of the Drow" in Dragon Magazine, I imagine the rights are somewhat tied up. I'm going to use it for a bit until I find something else, commission something else, or am asked to take it down, whichever comes first.

I'd like to get artwork for each of the PCs that I can feature here, either individually or as a group. If anyone is interested in doing some fair trade, their art skills for my editing skills, please let me know. I have nine years as a technical writer in the oil and gas industry and three years prior to that in PC hardware, so I have some skills and am willing to work a deal.

That's it for now. First actual game session is tomorrow night and I'm really looking forward to it. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment