Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chapter 5: Cincinnatus - Update

So I turned the wall of my living room into a storyboard again so I could get a better feel for Chapter 5 and how I was going to split it.  This was particularly helpful as it made readily apparent where the gaps in my outline were and I plugged those gaps with new scenes.

As a result, the first half of the split Chapter 5 (now titled Cincinnatus) has twice as many scenes as the original Chapter 5.  The second half (keeping the original title A Call to Arms and which I still need to storyboard out separately) may also be twice as big as the original chapter. 

Sooooo, I've quadrupled the number of scenes for this "chapter". 

I now expect the next chapter to expand similarly, although it will taper off at the end.  This is actually fine, as I was only at 19,000 words at the end of Chapter 4 and I was worried that my total word-count was going to be just under 50,000 words.  I have no idea how big the manuscript will get (it'll be done when the story is done), but I was hoping to at least top the NaNoWriMo target for words.

No additional word-count right now due to storyboarding exercise.  I will get writing done tonight.  Tomorrow I have a funeral to attend, so I don't know how that will work out.  This weekend is booked for other social activities, so it may take a little longer to complete this (the new chapter 5) chapter.

That's it for now.  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment